Tuesday, February 3, 2009
I solved a great mystery today. Vince and I have been getting sick frequently since we've moved to Washington, I have been sick at least 7 times in the less than 5 months we've lived here. We went to work on Monday, both of us feeling pretty bad and our coworkers asked if we had checked our apartment for mold. Now I had been chalking our frequent sicknesses up to our systems poorly adapting to the new climate in Washington, it is a big difference from California weather, but after being sick so often and for so long I was beginning to believe that there had to be another culprit. So, as soon as my coworkers mentioned mold, I decided to do a thorough inspection of our little home.
As soon as we made it home from work I checked our bathroom, closets, , carpet, laundry room and windows....at the winner was the window sills. Our window are lined with a black seal...which apparently made it very difficult to notice the mold growth without an up close inspection. So I grabbed my handy cleaning toothbrush and bleach and went to work, and now that I know about the Northwest's tendency towards mold I'll be bleaching my windows regularly!
Here's to hoping that my husband and I stay healthy from now on and that the mold was the guilty party to our mysterious sicknesses!