Friday, November 14, 2008

A Few Of My Favorite Things

  • Listening to the rain fall on my roof while I sleep.
  • My husband, who finds new ways every day to show me he loves me.
  • Ella Fitzgerald while I clean (its not the cleaning I love, but the music makes it bearable).
  • My polka-dot umbrella...and the rain that lets me use it.
  • The ground under a tree in the Autumn when the fallen leaves look like a colorfully painted shadow on the grass.
  • White Peppermint Mochas....delicious.
  • The french press I just discovered in my kitchen, where has it been hiding all these months.
  • Discovering new favorite places in my new favorite city of Olympia.
  • My family spread across the country. NC, LA, San Francisco, WA, Idaho. There is nothing better than the amazing times we get to all be together in the same place.
  • My mailbox, it is like Christmas morning 6 days out of the week. I turn my key in the lock while I anticipate the surprises that might be inside - some days the surprise turns out to be bills, which ruins the fun for a moment until I discover a note from home or a Newsweek magazine.
  • Nature. I feel like I am discovering it all over again now that I've left the concrete jungle of LA after 5 years.
  • The library. Have you ever realized just how many books are out there? I could find a new favorite book every week for the rest of my life and never run out of options.
  • The students God lets me minister to at work. My heart breaks over their stories on a daily basis. I have never more fully realized the extent of God's love for the world than when I get to know his children at The YC.

1 comment:

Anastasyia And Tiqvah. said...

Everything you just said, is my favorite thing to do...EVERY DAY!!!